Re: Syslog and pg_options (for RPMs)

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Syslog and pg_options (for RPMs)
Date: 2001-02-09 16:35:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> However, that answers Lamar's complaint about needing a way to control
> the syslog level of messages. splogger might be more useful than logger
> for our purposes --- even if we have to carry it along with us. What's
> its license? A slight tweak of splogger to recognize our ERROR/FATAL/
> DEBUG prefixes might be just the thing ...

Ok, I can work with that. Last night I dreamed the solution in shell --
what a wicked pipeline..... Might want to change Nathan's pglogger
utility to pg_logger for consistency, though.

A quick and dirty solution that works is better than mucking around with
the core, particularly this close to release.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio