General Database Design Text

From: John Burski <John(dot)Burski(at)911ep(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: General Database Design Text
Date: 2001-02-06 15:26:24
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm looking for a good college-level text that covers general database
design and implementation. I've copies of all the PostgreSQL
documentation and they are fine when it comes to answering questions
about PostgreSQL usage. However, I'm interested in something more
general that covers the "how" and "why" of database design,
implementation, and usage.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

--