table lock mode

From: Alfonso Peniche <alfonso(at)iteso(dot)mx>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: table lock mode
Date: 2001-01-24 00:15:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

I've been looking everywhere and I can't find the answer to this one:

When a table is created in another database engine (such as Informix), you
can specify the lock mode the table will work on (page or row) for data
modification, and if no mode is specified, the default is page.

Postgres has something like this? If so, what is the lock mode by default
and how can I change this to any other mode?

Thanks