Re: [GENERAL] postgres memory management

From: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: Alexander Jerusalem <ajeru(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Peter Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] postgres memory management
Date: 2001-01-23 00:48:20
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers pgsql-jdbc

I just looked at the code in the close() method and all it is doing is
closing the socket connection to the server. However in looking at the
doc on the backend/frontend protocol it appears that the client (JDBC in
this case) is supposed to send a connection termination message first,
then close the socket. I beleive that the termination message is
supposed to be a one byte value of 'X'. If I read this correctly, then
it does appear that the JDBC connection class does have a bug.

thanks,
--Barry