Re: Beta1 starting date?

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Beta1 starting date?
Date: 2000-12-15 15:59:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> beta1 was very low key ... it was announced here on the list as "its
> packaged, try it out" ... there was no big hype about this one, but there
> will be for beta2, which will most likely be after Vadim gets those vacuum
> fixes in place, and Tom gets those planner fixes ...

Since there are going to already be a number of fixes in beta2, I will
wait until beta2 to release any RPM's. I am also continuing to get
feedback about the packaging -- many thanks to all who are participating
in that discussion! I remember the one or two comments I got on the 7.0
RPM changes (from 6.5), and the change is positive this time.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio