Pb with arrays in PostgresQL

From: Pascale Thomas <p(dot)thomas(at)smie(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Pb with arrays in PostgresQL
Date: 2000-10-10 13:10:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello,

My name : Pascale Thomas
My E-mail : p(dot)thomas(at)smie(dot)com

Configuration : PostgreSQL 6.5.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc
pgcc-2.91.66

I have problems with an array in a table.
The name of the table is "societe", the name of the array is "event_ok",

declared in my create table operation as "event_ok int2[]".
It is an array of integer, as described in the postgresql documentation.

(Postgresql User's Guide, chapter 8, Arrays).
I have initiated each array in a row with 40 values.
I trie to access a single element in the array using the select command
:
"select nom_soc from societe where event_ok[1]=1"
The error message is : Unable to locate type name 'event_ok' in catalog
If I do "select event_ok from societe", no problem, the total array of
each row of the table is described.
Otherwise, if I do "select event_ok[1] from societe", the same error
message occurs.
The operation of updating a single element of the array works correctly.

Where is the bug ?
Thank you for answer.