Re: pg_dump 7.0.2 fails on linuxppc

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Smith <Andrew(at)TheSoftwareSmith(dot)Com(dot)Au>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump 7.0.2 fails on linuxppc
Date: 2000-10-10 04:02:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Andrew Smith <Andrew(at)TheSoftwareSmith(dot)Com(dot)Au> writes:
> I have encountered the following problem with pg_dump from postgresql
> 7.0.2 on linuxppc:

> bash $ pg_dump template1 >tp.db
> getFuncs(): SELECT failed. Explanation from backend: 'ERROR:
> getattproperties: no attribute tuple 1255 -2'.

7.0.* does not really work on PPC unless built with -O0. I believe
this should happen automatically because of the contents of
src/template/linux_ppc, but perhaps that template didn't get selected
when you rebuilt?

The good news is that the underlying portability problem is (at long
last) fixed in current sources. I've run successful regression tests
on a G3 with current sources and -O2.