Is there any caveats on toasted fields?

From: "He Weiping (Laser Henry)" <laser(at)zhengmai(dot)com(dot)cn>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Is there any caveats on toasted fields?
Date: 2000-10-10 07:06:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, there

I want to make a little db and want to use it to store some kind of text
file,
I'm using current CVS tree, the table is simple:

create table toastest(
name text,
content text);

then I do some insert using sql script, and some work fine, but others
always
got such kind of messages like:

psql:scriptname:1615: ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "ll"

(1615 is the totally line of that file);
and I also try to use pltcl to do this, and the problem is the same.
Am I doing wrong, or are there some caveats to care?
How can I explain these?
Any suggestions?

P.S. I'm using MB encoding of EUC_CN.

Regards