Re: Is there any caveats on toasted fields?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "He Weiping (Laser Henry)" <laser(at)zhengmai(dot)com(dot)cn>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is there any caveats on toasted fields?
Date: 2000-10-10 16:26:28
Lists: pgsql-general

"He Weiping (Laser Henry)" <laser(at)zhengmai(dot)com(dot)cn> writes:
> I'm using current CVS tree, the table is simple:
> then I do some insert using sql script, and some work fine, but others
> always
> got such kind of messages like:

> psql:scriptname:1615: ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "ll"

> P.S. I'm using MB encoding of EUC_CN.

Hm. TOAST doesn't care one way or the other about multibyte encodings.
I think you've just found some garden-variety parser bug, or possibly
a psql bug. Try running the postmaster with -d2 so that received
queries are logged in the postmaster's stdout log file, and then you
can see exactly what query is triggering this error.