Re: Fwd: Postfix Relay Hub SMTP server: errors from postgresql.org[64.49.215.8]

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Paul M Foster <paulf(at)quillandmouse(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Postfix Relay Hub SMTP server: errors from postgresql.org[64.49.215.8]
Date: 2002-05-02 02:33:00
Lists: pgadmin-support pgsql-general

Paul M Foster <paulf(at)quillandmouse(dot)com> writes:
> No kidding! Every single time I send something to this list, I get all
> the bounces coming back to me. I admin five lists, and bounces never go
> back to the person posting, only the admin for handling. But not this
> list.

Oh? AFAICT the PG lists mail out with envelope sender and Sender:
header both pointing to list-bot addresses. What else would you have
it do?

As a frequent poster to the PG lists, I'm sure I see as many problems
as anyone. But they're rare. Once in awhile some subscriber's mail
software starts bouncing complaints back to the message author instead
of the list-sender address. I complain to Marc, he unsubscribes the
offenders, and that's that. I can't recall that there was ever more
than one such bogosity active at the same time.

> ... since I can't find an actual person to send complaints to
> about the list.

Marc Fournier <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org> is the man to talk to about list
problems. IMHO he runs these lists pretty well (and yes, I have
some experience as a list admin, too).