Re: Changing user passwords

From: Rob van der Leek <rob(at)frog(dot)nl>
Cc: "pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Changing user passwords
Date: 2000-08-08 13:38:57
Lists: pgsql-sql

A question about the ALTER USER command I couldn't find in the
standard documentation:

- How do I assign an 'undefined' password?

ALTER USER nobody WITH PASSWORD "";

works, but doesn't assign an undefined password to nobody (like the
`pg_passwd nobody` command would do).

DROP USER nobody; CREATE USER nobody;

doesn't do the job either.

And why does the ALTER USER command operates on pg_shadow instead of
pg_passwd? (or is this configurable?)

rob.

-

--