Re: pg_upgrade and wraparound

From: "Daniel Verite" <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>
To: "Alexander Shutyaev" <shutyaev(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Andres Freund" <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>,"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,"Adrian Klaver" <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>,"pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade and wraparound
Date: 2018-06-27 09:43:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Alexander Shutyaev wrote:

> Is there any hope the issue with pg_upgrade can be resolved? If not,
> could you give me some hints as to how can I decrease time needed
> for pg_dumpall | psql?

Not sure about the larger problem, but for the part about having more
than 1 million large objects that get committed individually, setting
fsync=off for the reload phase is likely to help a lot.

Just don't forget to turn it on again when it's done. See
https://blog.2ndquadrant.com/postgresql-fsync-off-warning-in-config-file/

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité