Re: [GENERAL] Some questions on user defined types and functions.

From: Jeffery Collins <collins(at)onyx-technologies(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Some questions on user defined types and functions.
Date: 2000-07-27 13:55:02
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

I moved the discussion from General to Hackers, as I am getting into actual
code changes now. I hope this is appropriate.

Jeff

Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> There is code in the postmaster which does the same thing, nearly. You
> might want to check out the implementation there...
>
> - Thomas

I'm not exactly sure which code you are referring to. I did see the
following places where environment variables in paths are expanded:

backend/utils/adt/filename.c:
After I looked at this code for a while, I decided I didn't like it
enough to use. My biggest concern with this code is that it only allows one
environment variable at the beginning of the path. For example,
$PGHOME/rest/of/path is allowed, but $PGHOME/version_$VER/path is not
allowed.

backend/utils/misc/database.c:
This code is only applicable to finding the path to the database
directory. It has a hardwired 'base' in the expanded pathname. Also only
environment variables in the beginning of the path are supported.

If y'all want the code, here are the diffs. The are from 7.0.2. I made,
what I think, are the appropriate changes to the documentation. I do not
have a way to build the documentation so I can't see how my changes actually
look - I hope they are appropriately formatted.

Jeff

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgresql.diffs text/plain 8.2 KB