Problems with insert

From: Carsten Zerbst <zerbst(at)tu-harburg(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems with insert
Date: 2000-07-27 13:54:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I do a lot of a inserttion porting data from a legacy system to
postgres.
While inserting data, two problems occure:

1. The insertion could be fast, if I'd switch off autocommit. In
adabastcl I have the commands to do this. Is something like this
possible via sql, psql oder the tcl-extension ? I usually use psql to
insert data from a file, but a tcl solution would help to.

2. When inserting or extracting many data within short time, the speed
decreases. In Tcl I do now delete all handles, but this didn't help
either. Any hints how to get a continous speed ?

Bye, Carsten

--
Dipl. Ing. Carsten Zerbst | See the results of the
| 1. European Tcl User Meeting !
zerbst(at)tu-harburg(dot)de |
http://www.tu-harburg.de/~skfcz | http://www.tu-harburg.de/skf/tcltk