Re: Extremely Low performance with ODBC

From: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Sebastian Rychter" <srychter(at)anvet(dot)com(dot)ar>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Extremely Low performance with ODBC
Date: 2008-05-27 16:29:56
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 9:34 PM, Sebastian Rychter
<srychter(at)anvet(dot)com(dot)ar> wrote:

> I'll keep on looking for any other differences on different logs.. I think I
> already searched all the Postgresql forums I know and no one ever reported
> something like that before.

There is one other thing that you should also do. The pgSQL mailing
list really isn't the most applicable mailing list for ODBC or
PERFORMANCE problems with postgresql.

Here is what you should do:

send an email to both the pgODBC and pgPerformance mailing lists that
contain the following:

a brief recap of the problem you are having and,

the log snippet for each query( one from ODBC and one from PGadmin )
(I would attach these as a txt file)

the EXPLAIN ANALYZE of your query ( on run from the ODBC client and on
from PGadmin) (I would attach these as a txt file)

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

Visit the Los Angles PostgreSQL Users Group (LAPUG)
http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug