Re: sepgsql and materialized views

From: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: sepgsql and materialized views
Date: 2015-03-10 05:25:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:

> Will look into it and try to provide an update soon.
>
> Any further thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

My recollection is that there were two ways that were being
considered, and I posted a patch for each of them, but the security
community couldn't reach a consensus, so neither was pushed. Of
course someone might come up with one or more other ideas, but
barring that it might just be a matter of finding the right patch
in the archives and curing any bit rot.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com