DHCP and pg_hba.conf

From: Ron Atkins <theotiwii(at)earthlink(dot)net>
To: Postgres <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: DHCP and pg_hba.conf
Date: 2000-03-06 19:41:00
Lists: pgsql-general

This is my first day here. I'm writing a HowTo for a GPL'ed accounting
system (Kontor) that uses PostgreSQL.

I don't use DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol). Those
that do know the client IP address is assigned dynamically.

That being the case, how does one set up access / security in the
pg_hba.conf file (since it requires ip addresses)?

I'm sure I overlooked / don't understand a major concept about DHCP.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

-Ron