system requirments

From: Chris Czeyka <chris(dot)czeyka(at)rommel(dot)stw(dot)uni-erlangen(dot)de>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: system requirments
Date: 2000-02-15 10:38:05
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello to all Postgres brains,

for my project I want to use an older PC from my institute for a dictionary
database. The database will contain at several relations (around 10) with about
30.000 entries each. Additionaly those tables will be linked in n:m relations
(about 20 n:m relations).

As I just started in databases, I wanted to ask all experienced postgres-admins
whether a 133-Pentium with 128MB could bear this burden in the beginning or if
it will go down in smoke. As a maximum value there will be 5 users in the
database simultaneously.
If you can tell me about your system and your experiences, I can judge the
situation in a better way.

Thx to you all in advance,
best regards,
Chris