DBD for 3 tier

From: "dew" <ditsaya(at)nectec(dot)or(dot)th>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: DBD for 3 tier
Date: 2000-02-14 03:43:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dear Pgsql-Admin

Now I'm trying to implement the application that developed by Perl and its database is PostgresSQL. So I have some questions to ask you.
My infrastructure has 2 machines : web server and database server.
Web Server and Database Server are implement by Apache.and Postgres, respectivly.
And I use Perl language to write script. I can install DBI on Web Server, but can't install DBD-Pg.
The error is about you must install Postgres before you install DBD-Pg.
How can I do if I want to run my perl script without install Postgres on Web Server.

Best Regards,
Ditsaya
ps. Looking forward for your answers.