Re: error in compilation!

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>, PGSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: error in compilation!
Date: 2006-05-27 19:18:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I am thinking it is best to always use E'' in that case. OK?

I'm planning to revert it to the previous logic: E if there's any
backslash. I think we have to do likewise in quote_literal() for
much the same reason: insufficient confidence that we know how
the result will be used. (Note dblink uses quote_literal for
strings it will send to the other database.)

Currently looking through the rest of the patch. I'm wondering
about appendStringLiteral: maybe we should kill that entirely
in favor of using PQescapeStringConn? It's not nearly bright
enough about encoding for instance (and it *will* be used in
client-only encodings).