pgsql quote bug, put in 6.5.4?

From: Stephen Birch <sbirch(at)ironmountainsystems(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql quote bug, put in 6.5.4?
Date: 1999-11-07 06:20:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

There is a bug fix in the cvs tree to a problem that prevents pgsql from
handling single quotes in strings. The solution is described here:

http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-interfaces/1999-09/msg00154.html

As a newcomer to PostgreSQL, I lost several hours to this problem - not
good since I am trying to decide if my company should switch from
Interbase to PostgreSQL. I notice that the bug fix didn't make 6.5.3,
could it be included in 6.5.4 so we don't have to keep patching our
source?

Please don't flame me too hard if I posted to the wrong group - it seems
to me that the gurus who specify releases hang out here!

Steve