Re: pg_dump Add dumping of comments on index columns

From: Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>
Cc: higepon <higepon(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump Add dumping of comments on index columns
Date: 2009-07-22 05:53:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2009/7/14 Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 2:39 AM, higepon<higepon(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Here is a patch for pg_dump "Commenting on a composite-type column".
>> This patch is for Todo item named "Add dumping of comments on index
>> columns and composite type columns".
>
> this one looks good to me, the only adjust i made to the patch is
> change the name for the function that dump the comments from the
> composite types columns for: dumpCompositeTypeColsComment that seems
> more clearer to me...
>
> the patch works just fine...

Oops. I picked this patch up from the commitfest queue because it was
still marked as "Needs Review", not realising that Jaime had already
done an initial review of the patch.

Seems like this one should have been "Ready for Committer", but no matter.

I've also done an initial review of the patch. Everything looks sane
and the patch works as advertised. I made a couple of minor tweaks
for code-style and comment consistency, and my version 3 is attached.

I'm marking this patch Ready for Committer.

I've also added a TODO item "forbid COMMENT on columns of an index",
per Tom's comments upthread.

Cheers,
BJ

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_dump_composite_type_v3.patch application/octet-stream 3.6 KB