Dollar-quoted strings

From: Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Dollar-quoted strings
Date: 2005-08-13 15:35:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Hackers,

I wasn't paying attention to the mailing lists (or the release notes)
when dollar-quoting was developed, and I stumbled across it in the
documentation today.

I just wanted to say, nice work!

I've definitely known the pain of doubling my single quotes ad
nauseum, and this is a fantastic solution. It's going to make coding
pl/pgsql functions a whole lot smoother.

Cheers
--
BJ