Expiration date.

From: "Michal A(dot) Kowalski" <mak(at)minfo(dot)com(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Expiration date.
Date: 1999-09-26 12:31:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

what is the easiest way to check if record in database has expired? I have
records with field CREATED - filled with datetime('now'::abstime) function -
and with field EXPIRE - filled with number of days for which this record
remain valid. Is there any way to add days in EXPIRE to CREATED in proper way
and chceck if this particular record should be deleted using functions
embedded in PgSQL or maybe I should do this outside Pg, maybe in Perl?

MAK.
-- Michal A. Kowalski -- http://www.minfo.com.pl -- mak(at)minfo(dot)com(dot)pl --