Re: [INTERFACES] pgAdmin v6.5.1 Release

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] pgAdmin v6.5.1 Release
Date: 1999-08-26 09:24:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Dave Page wrote:

> Whilst pgAdmin was originally intended as a Win32 pgAccess, the two products
> are now going in a radically different direction (I believe). Whilst
> Constantin is working on user forms and building a 4GL tool (correct me if
> I'm wrong here Constantin!), pgAdmin is moving towards providing complete
> integration with the backend for administration and design usage.

You're right. I really like pgAdmin, I saw the snapshots, impressive,
just it can't be used on Unix platforms. The Tcl/Tk offers the ability
to run PgAccess also on win32 machines as well as Unix ones.

I will "steal" some ideas from Dave's work, making PgAccess better and
tried to "polish" it further. Just that I don't have too much free time.

I am preparing now a new release of PgAccess, completely redesigned
internally, that will offer to developers some sort of PgAccess API in
order to deliver a good environment for building small applications.

Best regards,
--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA