Re: First 6.5 RPMs

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Jeff Johnson <jbj(at)redhat(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: First 6.5 RPMs
Date: 1999-07-02 16:35:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> Hi. I've posted RPMs for Postgres v6.5 at
>
> Please let me know how it goes, so we can nail the RPM building
> process for this release. Oh, I built this using a RH5.2 machine, so
> someone running RH6.0 might want to verify that this installs and
> works there too. afaik it should be OK, unless the python version
> number has bumped.

I successfully installed them here on one of my Mandrake 5.3 machines.
I'm going to let AOLserver bang on that database for the next 72 hours
or so -- everything went smoothly. I installed the main package, the
devel package (required to build AOLserver's postgres client), and the
server package.

I will build rh6 rpms this weekend and place them on my server Monday
(once I reenable anon-ftp on my utility box), as I don't have a 6.0 box
here to build on, yet.

Thanks for the work!

Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio