Re: [HACKERS] Re: Freezing docs for v6.5

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Vadim Mikheev <vadim(at)krs(dot)ru>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Postgres Documentation List <docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Freezing docs for v6.5
Date: 1999-06-03 04:17:52
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

> > Vadim sez he'll send some plain text updates (hopefully for the ref
> > pages) tomorrow
> For lock.sgml and set.sgml. I assume that they are used for lock and
> set man pages which I would like to use as sources for updation.

The sgml produces html and ps formats. The man pages are not (yet)
generated automatically from the sgml, but will be in some future
release (offers of help on the conversion have not yet resulted in
actual help...).

I would appreciate getting the updates inside of ref/{lock,set}.sgml,
and then you or someone else can update the man pages while I am
working on the hardcopy.

> BTW, I have some notes for release.sgml, "Migration to v6.5" section,
> about using contrib/refint.* - one will have to use LOCK statements
> to get it working properly, -:(. I'll write it in the next 12 hours...

OK, great. That might delay me a bit, but it will be well worth it. I
had hoped to run through another ~200 pages of hardcopy tonight, but
am on hold for both the release notes and the User's Guide.

If you can get to the release notes first, then I can go ahead and
finish 3 docs (the Admin Guide, INSTALL, and HISTORY).

Thanks for all of your work. Hope this crunch isn't too painful :/

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California