Re: [HACKERS] Re: Freezing docs for v6.5

From: Vadim Mikheev <vadim(at)krs(dot)ru>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Postgres Documentation List <docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Freezing docs for v6.5
Date: 1999-06-03 03:58:18
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > > I've frozen the docs sources for the Programmer's Guide, and have
> > > generated the hardcopy. I'm planning on generating the Tutorial,
> > > INSTALL, and HISTORY tonight, and the User's Guide tomorrow.
> > > Bruce, are install.sgml and release.sgml finished?
> > > I am looking for updates to ref/{lock,set}.sgml for MVCC and related
> > > changes, which go into the User's Guide. I'm out of town Saturday Jun
> > > 5 01:00 UTC through Monday June 7 5:00 UTC, so will need the updates
> > > by tomorrow or I'll need to ask for yet another extension.
> > No, nor is the ref stuff done. Extend it.
>
> Whoops! The "No" means that install.sgml and release.sgml are not
> finished? What else needs to be done on them? I've made some very
> minor wording and markup changes in the release notes, and will commit
> those tonight. the Programmer's Guide and the Tutorial are finished,
> and I was hoping to do INSTALL, HISTORY, and the Admin Guide (all of
> which need install.sgml and release.sgml to be done) tonight.
>
> Vadim sez he'll send some plain text updates (hopefully for the ref
> pages) tomorrow, so I should be able to get that incorporated into the

For lock.sgml and set.sgml. I assume that they are used for lock and
set man pages which I would like to use as sources for updation.

> User's Guide then.

BTW, I have some notes for release.sgml, "Migration to v6.5" section,
about using contrib/refint.* - one will have to use LOCK statements
to get it working properly, -:(. I'll write it in the next 12 hours...

Vadim