Re: 2022-05-12 release announcement draft

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 2022-05-12 release announcement draft
Date: 2022-05-09 14:06:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> Please provide feedback on accuracy and if there are any notable omissions.

Please remove this bit:

> * Infinite endpoints are now disallowed in the timestamp variants of
> `generate_series()`.

Per last-minute discussion [1], I'm going to revert that change for
now. Maybe we'll still end up doing it, but there is more there
than meets the eye, and there's no time left for leisurely discussion.

regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/3603504.1652068977%40sss.pgh.pa.us