Bad libraries again in latest snapshot , libpgtcl and pltcl

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Bad libraries again in latest snapshot , libpgtcl and pltcl
Date: 1998-12-11 15:42:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

> Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro> writes:
> > I succeeded in compiling it but, as usual :-) , adding manually the
> > path to libpq, a -lc when linking.
> > Now pltcl works and even passed the included tests.
>
> > Hope that 6.4.1 would have less problems finding the needed libraries.
>
> I hope so too. But we won't find out unless someone who is seeing this
> problem (I'm not, because libcrypt isn't a separate shlib on my machine)
> pulls down the current sources and tests to see if the fix that's in
> there actually works. Preferably before 6.4.1 goes out the door.

Got postgresql.snapshot.tar.gz (5324902 bytes) from 9 Dec 8:01

I have removed any trace of PostgreSQL 6.4 from my system (directories,
libraries).

Compiled on my RedHat 5.2 i386 Pentium machine, kernel 2.0.36 with

./configure --with-tcl

I has compiled ok but the same errors occured :
* for libpgtcl I have to add manually -lcrypt to SHLIBS in Makefile
* for pltcl I have to add manually -lc

This time, the .so libraries checked with ldd show correct dynamic links
to libraries. No more static links.

Good news : one of the errors that I have reported (cannot create tables
with name containing spaces having an default sequence auto-increment
field) was solved.

Bad news : another error regarding view names containing spaces, still
persist.

I am apologising for reporting it again, but maybe someone will find the
bug.
test=>create table students (id int4, name text);
CREATE
test=> create view "my view" as select * from students;
CREATE
test=> select * from "my view";
ERROR: nodeRead: Bad type 0

Best regards,