Re: [HACKERS] plTcl test failed

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] plTcl test failed
Date: 1998-12-09 16:19:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro> writes:
> I succeeded in compiling it but, as usual :-) , adding manually the
> path to libpq, a -lc and a -lcrypt when linking.
> Now pltcl works and even passed the included tests.

> Hope that 6.4.1 would have less problems finding the needed libraries.

I hope so too. But we won't find out unless someone who is seeing this
problem (I'm not, because libcrypt isn't a separate shlib on my machine)
pulls down the current sources and tests to see if the fix that's in
there actually works. Preferably before 6.4.1 goes out the door.
Hint hint...

regards, tom lane

PS: grabbing either the development sources or REL6_4 branch from the
CVS server should do for testing this fix.

PPS: Are we close enough to 6.4.1 that it'd make sense to put up a
snapshot on the FTP server?