What is the right interface???

From: Samuel Kobelkowsky <kobel(at)u(dot)washington(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: What is the right interface???
Date: 1998-11-19 00:19:08
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I'm new in Postgresql and I need to make a simple user interface
(input/query form). I don't know python, java, tk/tcl, OpenGL or perl,
altough I'm a fairly good C/C++/shell programmer.

What I want to know is if any of you can recomend me to start learning any
of those langages or other, in order to finish this work as fast as
possible. I will use it in a Linux box which I'll administer, so there is no
problem on which language/tool I choose.

I don't want to consider to program a simple cgi because they're not dynamic
enough, as I need the user to enter data fast (using keyboard is always
faster than using mouse, and html input boxes sometimes can only be accessed
by mouse and cannot input many rows at once, have always to push the "back"
button).

Any ideas??

Samuel