CORBA links

From: Alexey Lukin <al(at)cn(dot)ua>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CORBA links
Date: 1998-11-15 15:18:12
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi, All!
Sounds very exciting that Postgres team researching posibility to
implement CORBA interface.
It will make PostgresSQL serious DB engine for enterprise computing.
Support of OPEN stadrad such as CORBA IMHO is primary issue.

To find more about CORBA implementations look at following pages:

http://adams.patriot.net/~tvalesky/freecorba.html

http://linas.org/linux/corba.html

We're working on project with PostgresSQL and use CORBA interface for
application componets.
If Postgres would support CORBA directly, our projects will stay with it
forever :-) - just no needs to move to Oracle or Informix.
Consider that JDK1.2 supports CORBA internaly. I think it's much better
interface that JDBC or Object-oriented DBMS.
--
With respect,
Alexey Lukin,