a problem with Byron's latest source release of psqlodbc

From: Gerald Gryschuk <gerald(dot)gryschuk(at)home(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
Subject: a problem with Byron's latest source release of psqlodbc
Date: 1998-11-14 21:03:35
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi

I downloaded Byron's latest psqlodbc source release from the postgreSQL
ftp site
and discovered a couple of problems.

I don't know where the tar.gz file was created but the following files
have the wrong "permissions". I had to run 'chmod +x' on them to make
them executable. The files in question are,
"configure"
"config.sub"
"config.guess"
"install.sh"

Furthermore, I suspect that the tar.gz file was created on Windows
as it appears the files have the carriage-return/line-feed problem
again. When I tried to './configure' the source it spit out
all kinds of errors and couldn't figure out my system type.
Ultimately I had to use zip on the template directory and than
did 'unzip -a' and everything worked. So...,how do we avoid this
in the future? At least if Byron releases the source in zip format
us Unix users only need to do 'unzip -a' on the file.

--
Gerald Gryschuk
gerald(dot)gryschuk(at)home(dot)com