Re: Standalone driver for Unix

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: scampbell(at)lear(dot)com, "Cary O'Brien" <cobrien(at)access(dot)digex(dot)net>, Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Standalone driver for Unix
Date: 1998-10-29 14:46:05
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

scampbell(at)lear(dot)com wrote:

> I had one other interesting thing with the Postgresql ODBC driver.
I don't know much of the internal's of ODBC but here's what I'm
wondering...

> When I use an extended datatype (let's say one for ipaddress for
instance) and then use MS Access to open the table via ODBC it
complains that the 'ipaddress' is an unknown type. I have clicked a
box in creation of the ODBC ini file (or the .DSN file actually in the
case of MS) that says (something similar to) 'Treat unknown datatypes
as LongVarChar' but it seems to have no effect turned on or off. Does
our drive not support this? Is MS just show it normal 'excellence in
programming'? Any ideas?

> (Feel free to cross post this if the you think the question/answer
might be of interest to others).

I have no idea. But others are likely to. Usually best to hit the lists
directly to get a better mix of ideas early on.

Someone else?

- Tom