Re: [INTERFACES] Web Site Update for Applix+ODBC+PostgreSQL

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: "Cary B(dot) O'Brien" <cobrien(at)access(dot)digex(dot)net>
Cc: applixware-list(at)redhat(dot)com, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Web Site Update for Applix+ODBC+PostgreSQL
Date: 1998-10-22 05:07:22
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> ... there is now a preliminary
> ODBC driver for Linux that ought to allow Applix Data to access
> PostgreSQL databases.
> You can read more at my Tiny Applixware Site
> http://www.access.digex.net/~cobrien/applix
> See the "New News" section. Any help on the open issues would
> be helpful.

Hi Cary. A couple of things for your web info:

1) there is a typo on the "postgres web site" which has an extra "Q" in
"postgres". You may want to use "Postgres" or "PostgreSQL" instead.

2) The "very preliminary installation document" points to the
insightdist.com web site zipball, and discusses that installation. You
may want to point to
ftp://postgresql.org/pub/patches/programmer.tar.gz

for the newer html chapter on ODBC instead.

Talk to you soon. Regards.

- Tom