Re: logical replication apply to run with sync commit off by default

From: Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Subject: Re: logical replication apply to run with sync commit off by default
Date: 2017-04-13 21:52:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 12/04/17 06:10, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 3/24/17 10:49, Petr Jelinek wrote:
>> Rebase after table copy patch got committed.
>
> You could please sent another rebase of this, perhaps with some more
> documentation, as discussed downthread.
>
> Also, I wonder why we don't offer the other values of
> synchronous_commit. In any case, we should keep the values consistent.
> So on should be on and local should be local, but not mixing it.

Now that I am back from vacation I took look at this again. The reason
why I did only boolean initially is that he other values just didn't
seem all that useful. But you are right it's better to be consistent and
there is no real reason why not to allow all of the possible values.

So how about the attached?

Attachment Content-Type Size