Re: longfin missing gssapi_ext.h

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: longfin missing gssapi_ext.h
Date: 2023-04-08 18:40:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> * NetBSD's package collection[1] includes both Heimdal and MIT Kerberos
> (mit-krb5). Apparently what's installed on at least some of the buildfarm
> animals is the former.

Oh! New data: the core NetBSD OS includes a copy of Heimdal (looks
to be 7.7.0 in the 10.0_BETA sources). The installable package is
a slightly newer version, 7.8.0, but I think it's a very solid bet
that the relevant buildfarm animals are just using the core copy
and haven't installed the add-on package. Even if they had, it
would take some fooling around with include and link paths to pull
in the packaged version rather than the built-in one.

The exact same thing applies to FreeBSD, except that their in-core
Heimdal is ancient (1.5.2). Also, they do have MIT Kerberos
available as a package [1]. I'd been misled by the lack of a hit
on "kerberos", but "krb5" finds it. Our code does compile against
that version of Heimdal, but src/test/kerberos/ refuses to try to
run.

I've not dug into OpenBSD any further.

regards, tom lane

[1] https://ports.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=krb5&stype=all&sektion=all