Re: Application using PostgreSQL (off topic, but relevan

From: "Obe, Regina DND\\MIS" <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov>
To: "'pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Application using PostgreSQL (off topic, but relevan
Date: 2005-11-17 21:47:23
Lists: pgsql-novice

I agree with you to some extent. 2 or 3 years ago it was a nightmare to get
everything working in most browsers. E.g NS 5/6 were badly broken in a
major way and IE was also broken but also tended to let you get away with
badly broken html code e.g. missing end form tags, table tags etc by somehow
mysteriously compensating for it.

But in the past 2 years or so, I would say 98% of browsers I work with, I
don't have too many issues. But then I try to steer away from certain areas
where I know for example the CSS compliance isn't quite there in all
browsers. I also try not to get too fancy with business apps. For example
I know the new standard is to use CSS for page flow, but I still stick with
tried and true html tables for the most part and only use CSS for getting
nice looking buttons or defining font classes even though html tables are
more bloated. I have had some nightmares getting the CSS flow to work
right. This I will probably change in a year or so since the compliance of
browsers seems to be getting better in that area.