pg_version and version

From: Jeffrey Napolitano <jnapoli(at)setech(dot)com>
To: General Questions for PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: pg_version and version
Date: 1998-07-16 17:44:28
Lists: pgsql-general

I need to know the version of an installation of postgres I have - I
have deleted the src directory for it, however, and therefore can't look
in there for documentation. I've looked at the man pages for postgres
and postmaster, and I can't find a --version argument, or the like. I'm
not quite sure what pg_version does, and I cannot find a man page for
it. It apparently requires and argument, but I do not know of what
kind.

Any suggestions..?

Thanx in advance
Jeffrey Napolitano