Re: kerberos/001_auth test fails on arm CPU darwin

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Bilal Yavuz <byavuz81(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: kerberos/001_auth test fails on arm CPU darwin
Date: 2022-09-27 02:21:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Maybe we should rely on PATH, rather than hardcoding OS dependent locations?

My suggestion to consult krb5-config first was meant to allow PATH
to influence the results. However, if that doesn't work, it's important
IMO to have a sane list of hardwired places to look in. Personally,
I do not like to have MacPorts or Homebrew's bin directory in the
PATH -- at least not for a buildfarm animal -- because there tends
to be an enormous amount of non-Mac-ish clutter there. So for this
purpose, I'd like us to be able to find the standard places that
MacPorts and Homebrew install Kerberos in even if they are not in PATH.