Re: Database-wide VACUUM ANALYZE

From: "Steven Flatt" <steven(dot)flatt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Bill Moran" <wmoran(at)collaborativefusion(dot)com>
Cc: "Francisco Reyes" <lists(at)stringsutils(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database-wide VACUUM ANALYZE
Date: 2007-06-21 20:37:49
Lists: pgsql-performance

Thanks everyone. It appears that we had hacked the 502.pgsql script for our
8.1 build to disable the daily vacuum. I was not aware of this when
building and upgrading to 8.2.

So it looks like for the past two weeks, that 36 hour db-wide vacuum has
been running every 24 hours. Good for it for being reasonably non-intrusive
and going unnoticed until now. :)

Although apparently not related anymore, I still think it was a good move to
change autovacuum_freeze_max_age from 200 million to 2 billion.

Steve