Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL too heavy startup

From: Ivan Cornell <ivan(dot)cornell(at)framestore(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Igor Sysoev <igor(at)nitek(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL too heavy startup
Date: 1998-06-05 13:29:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Igor,

I would suggest you look into using persistent connections, rather than
setting up a new connection for each request. This has greatly reduced the
load for me. Unfortunately, I don't think this can be done with cgi (but
possibly with fast-cgi?). I use PHP3 as an apache module with persistent
connections to postgresql which I can heavily recommend, or else I think it
is possible with mod_perl/DBD. I realize this doesn't really answer your
question, but may provide an alternative solution.

--
Ivan Cornell, FrameStore Ltd
ivan(dot)cornell(at)framestore(dot)co(dot)uk