Re: Subscription tests fail under CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2021-05-20 00:49:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> writes:
> On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 04:23:55PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> * Replace the edata->resultRelInfo field with two fields, one for
>> the original parent and one for the actual/current target. Perhaps
>> this is worth doing, not sure.

> This one sounds more natural to me, though.

OK, I'll give that a try tomorrow.

> May I ask why you are not moving the snapshot pop and push into the
> finish() and create() routines for this patch?

That does need to happen, but I figured I'd leave it to the other
patch, since there are other things to change too for that snapshot
problem. Obviously, whichever patch goes in second will need trivial
adjustments, but I think it's logically clearer that way.

> Also, any thoughts
> about adding the trigger tests from 013_partition.pl to REL_13_STABLE?

Yeah, if this is a pre-existing problem then we should back-port the
tests that revealed it.