RE: Re: Parallel scan with SubTransGetTopmostTransaction assert coredump

From: "Pengchengliu" <pengchengliu(at)tju(dot)edu(dot)cn>
To: "'Greg Nancarrow'" <gregn4422(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "'Andres Freund'" <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, "'PostgreSQL-development'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Re: Parallel scan with SubTransGetTopmostTransaction assert coredump
Date: 2021-05-20 01:18:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Greg,
Thanks a lot for you explanation and your fix.

I think your fix can resolve the core dump issue. As with your fix, parallel process reset Transaction Xmin from ActiveSnapshot.
But it will change Transaction snapshot for all parallel scenarios. I don't know whether it bring in other issue.
For test only, I think it is enough.

So is there anybody can explain what's exactly difference between ActiveSnapshot and TransactionSnapshot in parallel work process.
Then maybe we can find a better solution and try to fix it really.

Thanks
Pengcheng