ODBC Driver and Install script (PLEASE READ!)

From: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: "Julia A(dot)Case" <julie(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-questions(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: ODBC Driver and Install script (PLEASE READ!)
Date: 1998-04-15 21:41:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

My name is Byron Nikolaidis and I am the author of the new ODBC driver (and the install script as well) just in case anybody didn't know that. I would like to make myself
known and perhaps clear up a few things. I work with David Hartwig at Insight. He provided several ideas for the driver and I did all the programming.

If you want to contact me about the driver or install script, feel free! Feedback is appreciated. I would like to make every effort to respond to bug fixes, enhancements,
etc. in this new driver, since I have lived and breathed it for several months. In case you haven't heard, this driver is practically rewritten (all C++ code is gone) and it
is fast! It also can handle several knew ODBC API calls, data types (like LongVarBinary and LongVarChar, properly), the Postgres 6.3 protocol with password authentication, and
much more.

Please, go look at our web site, which contains the self-extracting install, the source code, and the complete list of enhancements/highlights. The URL is:
"http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc". This is where you are going to find the latest binary and source updates and any other driver info.

By the way, the installation script file (setup.rul) that David Hartwig sent was way out of date. The most current script file is now included in the source at our web site
(http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc) and I will attach it here as well.

Byron Nikolaidis
email: byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com

Attachment Content-Type Size