Re: Documentation and explanatory diagrams

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Rafael Martinez <r(dot)m(dot)guerrero(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no>, pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Marc Fournier <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Documentation and explanatory diagrams
Date: 2010-07-04 14:04:51
Lists: pgsql-docs

> Thom Brown wrote:
>> It looks like it does support SVG output:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xfig
>> http://epb.lbl.gov/xfig/printing.html#export
>> http://www.xfig.org/art11.html

> Yes, I have xfig 3.2 and it has SVG export, though it is labeled as
> beta.

Why should we care about SVG export? AFAICT, SVG support is not
widespread enough or stable enough among web browsers that we'd want
to use SVG directly in the finished HTML docs.

(But having said that, I recall seeing at least one diagram editor
whose native format was SVG. That might be worth a look too.)