Fix C4819 warning in MSVC

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fix C4819 warning in MSVC
Date: 2021-11-01 09:37:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Reading 1051867(dot)1635720347(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us I noticed that hamerkop raise a C4819
warning on brin_bloom.c, which is defined as:

"The file contains a character that cannot be represented in the current
code page (number). Save the file in Unicode format to prevent data loss."

The warning message is mostly gibberish but AFAICT the issue is that the
headercomment includes a citation to the paper used for the hashing scheme, in
which a footnote character has been copied from the paper (without the footnote
copied). Since the footnote is irrelevant for our documentation, I propose to
remove this offending character to remove warnings from the build.

--
Daniel Gustafsson https://vmware.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
brin_citation_footnote.diff application/octet-stream 673 bytes