Removing PL/Python2 from PostgreSQL 13

From: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: pgsql-pkg-yum <pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Removing PL/Python2 from PostgreSQL 13
Date: 2020-05-20 16:16:11
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

Hi,

Given that we started breaking things, what about removing PL/Python2
support from the RPMs?

All major distros (including RHEL 7 have PY3 support, and I think it is
a good idea to stop support from packaging side as well. People who
want to upgrade will also need to finish porting to PY3.

Comments?

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer