Re: Removing PL/Python2 from PostgreSQL 13

From: Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>
To: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-yum <pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Removing PL/Python2 from PostgreSQL 13
Date: 2020-05-22 08:01:14
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

Re: Devrim Gündüz
> Given that we started breaking things, what about removing PL/Python2
> support from the RPMs?

Fwiw, I did that already for PG12 in Debian. There were a few (3 or
so) complaints by users, but they all bought the "Python 2 is EOL"
argument.

The ugly part is that now there is only plpython3u, not plpythonu. But
that's not fixed in PG13 upstream either.

(All the older PG versions continue to have both 2 and 3 support on the
distros that still have python2.)

Christoph